Monday 3 February 2014

This year what mattered the most

This year I have been lucky enough to send my time with the kids before they go off to school next year. However this year i decided to push myself a little bit further and take an idea I've had in the back of my mind for years into a fully fledged business. 

For years we have taken family camping trips around the UK and along the way i have looked on jealously at the various luxury Bell tents that some other campers have been lucky enough to holiday in.

After every trip i would return home check the internet for my very own piece of luxury camping, put a Bell tent into my shopping basket and then change my mind when the reality of spending over £500 on a piece of canvas hit home.
 

Then in occurred to me that there must be a lot of people out there like me who wanted the use of a fabulous tent for the weekend without the huge financial outlay. If i could buy the tent and hire it out i could use it any weeks that it wasn't booked out and maybe even make a profit.

My plan wasn't without problems. I needed the money to buy the tent, i had to call in favours to get a website made and i needed a back up fund of money to pay for expenses i hadn't imagined such as rain proofing the tent but i'm proud to say i did it and next year i have plans to add another tent to the family as this year was such a success.

This is my entry for the Lloyds bank What mattered most this year competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment